The driver of tomorrow is not thinking Green...

The driver of tomorrow is not thinking Green...
He's thinking Classic. (click on photo)

Followers

Sep 10, 2010

"More Like Falling"

Today's song of the day was going to be from the Scorpions. They filtered through my pod during my run yesterday and I thought "good old rock n roll". I still will put it as a song of the day, but not today.

Instead, this new song played on the radio this morning and is exactly what I feel inside and who I am. In line with a conversation I had last weekend with my father, about serving the church versus serving The Lord, God Almighty. It is not always the same thing. And often the rules & regulations of religion interfere with the foundation - a relationship. I love this song because my faith is about the LOVE that pumps through my very soul, the very depths of my being for my creator who has made Himself known to me. Not about how many times my butt is planted in the church seat but how I'm caring for my family & the gifts He's chosen to bestow upon me and my life. Do I pray on a regular schedule, head bowed, eyes closed? No but I talk to Him constantly throughout the day. And He answers. Oh yes He does. And when I steer away, He's been there to gently remind me where I should be going. Love is the answer and the key.

Give me rules
I will break them
Give me lines
I will cross them
I need more than a truth to believe
I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes
To sweep me off my feet
It ought to be

More like falling in love
Than something to believe in
More like losing my heart
Than giving my allegiance
Caught up, called out
Come take a look at me now
It's like I'm falling, oh
It's like I'm falling in love

Give me words
I'll misuse them
Obligations
I'll misplace them
'Cause all religion ever made of me
Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet
It never set me free
It's gotta be

CHORUS

...It's like I'm falling in love, love, love
Deeper and deeper
It was love that made
Me a believer
In more than a name, a faith, a creed
Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me

Here's a link to a video of him doing the song (not performance, just him & his guitar)

http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=11&id=1040483

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter