The driver of tomorrow is not thinking Green...

The driver of tomorrow is not thinking Green...
He's thinking Classic. (click on photo)

Followers

Feb 4, 2009

Valentine's Day...

Well, this is not one of my favorite annual holidays. I know, I'm female and I'm supposed to be in to this right? I do love & melt at my sweetie buying me the greatest card or sending me the gooey text but regarding this upcoming day, I've decided two things as a partnered female and a mother -

1) if I am happy and fulfilled in my relationship, I don't need a national holiday for my husband to tell me he loves me (& spend more of our money on things marketing advertisers have deemed necessary on Feb. 14th). Any other day of the year would be just fine.

2) It grates on me to spend money on valentines to send to school with the kids, that will be in the garbage by the end of the day. Why not just take the money, tear it up & throw it directly in the trash? Especially in light of our failing economy and struggling country. Let's not go into the whole marketing of this day, just to relieve the American population of their hard earned dollars. Do they not realize, we realize, flower prices go up astronomically for that particular day????

I have a saying I heard somewhere.... "Just say NO" to the bleeding of American pockets. Do we need to talk about the 3 million dollars spent on 30 second spots during the Superbowl? It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day but it goes along with the continued marketing to our brains that we need this stuff, we need to spend this money, give it to them! ;)

Have a wonderful day and if you haven't taken your honey out in awhile, do it on today! tomorrow! the 12th, 13th, 15th and every month afterwards. Don't save it for Feb 14th!!! Matt & I may be sitting in The Purple Cafe, sipping some good wine and having a fabulous dessert. Hey! We would go on any other day, if it was offered then!

Happy Valentine's Day today, hehe :)

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter