The driver of tomorrow is not thinking Green...

The driver of tomorrow is not thinking Green...
He's thinking Classic. (click on photo)

Followers

Blog Archive

Aug 5, 2009

Bringing Up Boys - Divet

Good analogy & advice.

James Dobson

"What should we do when we have lashed out and said something that has damaged a child? The answer is, we should repair the damage as quickly as possible.

I have many fanatic golfing friends who have tried vainly to teach me their crazy game. They never give up, even though it's a lost cause. One of them told me that I should immediately replace the divet, after digging another hole with my club. He said that the quicker I could get the tuft of grass back in place, the faster it's roots would reconnect. My friend was talking about golf, but I was thinking about people. When you have hurt someone, whether a child, a spouse or a colleague, you must dress the wound before infection sets in. Apologize if appropriate, talk it out, seek to reconcile. The longer the divet bakes in the sun, the smaller the chances will be for it's recovery.

Isn't that a wonderful thought? Apostle Paul wrote "Do not let the sun go down on your anger". That scripture has often been applied to husbands and wives but I think it is just as valid with children."

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter